Wake the dreaming flowers from their eternal sleep and their spirits will reward you handsomely on the slot from Fantasma Games. Flower Fortunes Megaways is a level-up slot set in the middle of a hidden valley of mystical flowers and sparkling gemstones. Collect energy orbs to increase the number of ways to win and progress through four levels of reel modifiers and bonus features that can lead to wins of up to 18,480 times your bet.
Flower Fortunes Megaways is a video slot with six reels, five to nine rows and 64 – 531,441 ways to win, courtesy of the licensed Megaways engine from Big Time Gaming. The default setting is a 6×5 format while levelling up will gradually increase the game window to the 6×9 size. Wins are awarded for adjacent symbols from left to right only.
Playable on desktop or mobile, the bet sizes range from 0.50 to 10 credits per spin. The RTP of this medium to high variance game is set at 96.00%.
Graphics and Visuals
A hidden valley is the habitat of the mystical flowers and the backdrop of the frameless game grid. A flower stalk on the left of the game window illuminates as you progress through the four levels and displays the features that can be triggered on the next avalanche. Fantasma Games created some stunning animations on winning spins that are minutely synchronized with a dreamy soundtrack.
The pay symbol set comprises a range of gemstones that change in size according to the random amount of ways to win. The maximum size is three symbols high. At the low end, you have five dark coloured gems paying 0.8x to 1.6x your bet for a single six of a kind. They are followed by four sparkling gems in turquoise, green, purple and red colours. Wins for a 6OAK range from 3x to 10x your stake.
There is also a wild, substituting for all pay symbols except bonus and respin symbols. A blue gem marked with “respin” and a red gem marked with “bonus” are the scatters that trigger the respin feature and the bonus game respectively.
Flower Fortunes Megaways Level Up Feature
Every spin on the slot starts with a fresh cascade of symbols onto a default 6×5 grid. Based on the Megaways engine, you can have two to five symbols on each reel, leading to 64 to 15,625 ways to win.
The aim is to progress through the levels indicated on the flower stalk to the left of the game window to increase the game window and activate a series of features as you go along. Pay symbols may appear marked with a leave or an energy orb. While each orb increases the meter by one step, every leave is reducing it by one. The current amount is displayed on the meter as well as a number below it.
The game window will increase by one row on each level, going from a 6×5 up to a maximum 6×9 size on level five. All active extra features can be triggered in one spin to provide maximum win potential. It will increase and decrease according to the meter on the left.
Extra features from lower levels stay active as you progress higher on the meter. For example, on level 3 you can trigger expanding wilds and respins while on level four you can trigger expanding wilds, respins and the bonus game.
- Level 1 – No Extra Feature, 6×5 format with max. 15,625 ways: On every spin, the game cascades a number of symbols onto the reels based on the random selection by the Megaways engine. Any potential win is paid and you are ready to start the next spin.
- Level 2 – Wilds, 6×6 format with max. 46.656 ways: Collect four orbs to level up and expanding multiplier wilds will be added to the reels. Any wild symbol landing on a spin while the level is active will expand to cover the entire reel, plus it will award a random multiplier of up to x9. Land more than one wild for gigantic multipliers as they are multiplied by each other.
- Level 3 – Respin, 6×7 format with max. 117,649 ways: Collect 8 orbs to activate the respin feature. When the respin symbol lands on the reels while the level is active a random number of non-winning normal symbols are replaced with new pay symbols that can include bonus or wild symbols.
- Level 4 – Bonus, 6×8 format with max. 246,144 ways: Collect 12 orbs to activate this level. Land three or more bonus symbols on a spin while the level is active to trigger the Mystery Flower bonus game.
- Level 5 – Avalanche, 6×9 format with max. 531,441 ways: Collect a total of 16 orbs to activate the final level. The pay mechanic is changing now to tumbling reels. All symbols from winning combinations are removed and replaced with new ones. Every subsequent avalanche win increases the win multiplier by x1. The avalanche multiplier stacks with the multipliers wilds for even bigger wins. A spin sequence ends when no new winning combo lands after an avalanche.
Level 5 will stay active as long as you don’t fall below 16 orbs. Any further energy orbs are added to the meter, which will help to prolong the time level 5 is active. Leaves will again reduce the meter and the Avalanche feature ends when it falls below 16. It can activate again when sufficient energy orbs land on the next spins.
We played the game extensively in demo mode and saw that the meter is fluctuating quite a lot as you have leaves landing in between spins where orbs appear. So expect the meter to go up and down, extra features to activate and deactivate until you finally reach the top level and the flowers light up. All features are active while you stay above 16 on the meter, the perfect moment to score mega wins.
Mystery Flower Bonus Game
We decided to give the bonus game from level 4 a separate paragraph as it is, in the end, a separate feature. Any three or more bonus symbols landing on the reels while level 4 or 5 are active will trigger the bonus game. You will be presented with three mystery flowers to pick one and reveal an extra coin win of up to 1,000x your bet. You can either collect or reject your coin win with the last flower being awarded automatically. Flowers that were rejected cannot be reopened.
Well, Fantasma created quite a spectacular game that stretches our imagination on how we play slots. The concept with progressing through levels is not totally new but Flower Fortune Megaways represents the first time it has been used on a Megaways slot. And for some reason, we did not miss a free spins round as the level features kept things flowing throughout our sessions.